Ever since I chopped off my long hair in October I've been dying to get it back. I researched the best ways to keep my hair growing and now I'm putting these tricks to the test. My hair is definitely growing fast and I have no doubt that all of these new methods are working. If you're interested in growing your hair or just keeping it healthy and strong, then you can do the following things.
1. Ultra Nourish-Hair vitamins. Take one pill a day to load up on vitamins that help your hair to grow. You can purchase this at GNC for $12.99
2. No wash. The best thing to do is to not shampoo your hair everyday. If you are worried about your hair getting greasy, don't. It takes a few weeks to train it, but if you wash your hair once every 3 or 4 days, it will eventually stop producing extra oils. This is actually a lot healthier than damaging your hair with harsh product everyday.
3. No styling. The blow dryer and straightener should be used minimally if not at all. Most girls ruin their hair by styling it everyday with heavy heat, which frys your hair and slows growth. Summer is the perfect time to try the no style approach. Letting your hair air dry (without towel drying too much) will work wonders for moisture and strength.
4. Oils. Castor oil, Jojoba oil, and coconut oil are all great oils to put in your hair to keep the moisture in. You can mix these oils together or use them separately. I will occasionally do a leave-in overnight treatment with all three oils using castor oil as the main base. It also helps to add daily oil to your ends to keep them from breaking and splitting.
5. Professional salon products. When you do shampoo and condition your hair, it is worth it to buy the more expensive products because they make a huge difference in the health of your hair. Matrix shampoo and conditioner is great, as well as Aveda products which are plant based and natural. I have used Aveda for years and I absolutely love it.
6. Regular trim. Trim your hair every 4-6 weeks. It's simple, and it really does help to get rid of dead ends. Your hair needs to be trimmed in order to keep it growing.
If you do all of these things, you can bet that your hair will be long in no time. Almost everyday someone says to me "your hair is getting so long!" or "did you get a new haircut? Your hair looks different." I went from a pixie cut in October to shoulder length hair in June. Now I can even fit my hair into a bun. I'm telling you, these things work. Just try them for yourself to find out.