Jun 10, 2012

10 Things for Summer






1. summer playlist (I get excited to re-create this every year). It's a must have for road trips with the windows down. A few of my favorites include Gold On the Ceiling by The Black Keys, Some Nights by Fun, Tongue Tied by Grouplove, and of course, Biebers All Around the World (with LUDA!)

2. juicing with fresh fruits and vegetables. If you're interested in some healthy juicing recipes, see this book.

3. therapeutic gardening. My job has given me a new appreciation for this soothing activity. Now I just need to get my own garden plot ready for tomatos, strawberries and basil.

4. coconut oil. Thanks to my friend, Anna Kujacznski, I have a new love for this magical product. I use it on my skin, my hair, and for cooking. Plus it smells heavenly, unless you're weird like my husband and you don't like the smell of coconuts.

5. cardio + kettle bell workouts. After doing this for the past few months now, I really can't imagine going through the week without it. Let me tell you, Kettle bells are the worst, but they really do give you a great strength workout.

6. CMT top 20 countdown. Yes, I love country music, and I'm not ashamed. I remember watching the countdown every week with my sister when we were little and loving the stories being told in the music videos. In recent years I have gotten behind in the country music world. It's time to get caught up.

7. clean out the closet. simplify and minimize. I do this as much as possible. It feels so good to get rid of all the clothes that I can't stand to look at anymore. You should try it.

8. hair growth. I really really miss my old hair, and I'm doing everything I can to get it back. Summer is the perfect time to boost the growing because I rarely have to style it. If you're interested in growing your hair quicker, I'll be doing a post soon on helpful hair growth tips that have really worked well for me.

9. New movies. I am counting down the days for these few films: Rock of Ages - June 15, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (yay Steve Carell!) - June 22, Brave - June 22, The Dark Knight Rises - July 20.

10. Time with family and friends before the big move. We are so thankful to have this summer to prepare and visit before we head to Colorado to help plant Front Range Church. We will be taking lots of trips to Michigan and also soaking up the time we have in Indiana. This is a summer to be with the people we love most, and to cherish every minute.


What are you excited to do this summer? Do you have any favorite activities to recommend?


Have a restful Sunday friends.



1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by your teaser for "hair growth tips," even though I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with my hair, grow it or leave it, grow it or leave it. Depends on the day.

    ReplyDelete