Aug 8, 2011

{My First Pie}


For our friend Hannah's return home after being sick with the mono, we threw a party. A party to celebrate her health and also an excuse for our group of friends to have a summer grill out with yummy food.

The breakdown of the meal: grilled chicken sandwiches, corn on the cob with honey butter, roasted veggies, pasta salad, lime chips and salsa, and juicy peaches. Beth and I organized the meal, Jordan and Cam handled the meat, and Han helped with the rest. Thankfully the girls live next door, so we had two kitchens and lots of space to work, including our great big porch for the boys to do the grilling business. 

My favorite part of the night was surprising Han with a blueberry pie. My first pie ever, and I think it turned out to be a success. Really, I was glad to finally get domestic and spend the entire day in the kitchen. It felt so good.








YUMMMMM.



No comments:

Post a Comment