Aug 31, 2010

Coming back to school early is harder than I expected. My days have been planned to the minute lately with all of the work I have been doing. This year I am getting deeper into my Public Relations major while also juggling two jobs, entering into the position of the Vice President for Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), and hopefully still holding on to some kind of a social life.

I was hired for Student Government Association as the Vice President of Public Relations. This is the most challenging but rewarding thing I have ever done, and I only just started a week ago! My position is loaded with responsibility. I'll be doing all of the PR and promotion for SGA, which involves some design elements, creative thinking, and strategizing about how to best maintain the branding of SGA. I'll be working with the rest of the cabinet as we strive to be the voice of our student body. Since there are only ten cabinet members (the President and the rest of us VP's) we have already formed a tight bond and connection with one another.

And I do love dressing in business attire and getting my own desk in the SGA office :-)





My other amazing job this year will be for McConn, our coffee shop at IWU. I'll finally be a barista! Gosh I can't even explain how excited I am for this. I know it probably sounds pathetic, but I have always wanted to work at McConn since I came to this school freshman year. I love coffee...a lot, and soon I will have learned all about the process of growing, roasting, brewing, and making coffee. I want to soak up every detail of training so that I can one day make a perfect shot of espresso and maybe even some latte art.

I'm not complaining that my boyfriend Jordan, one of my best friends Beth, and so many other great people will be working at McConn as well. It really is the most social job on campus...but I would honestly do it for free.

so yeah, I will be extremely extremely busy this year.

This past week I have been growing closer to the SGA cabinet, while training rigorously for my position. Let me just say that I am going to love it even more when the year is done.

Now it's on to McConn training this week!! Today was the first day and oh what a wonderful experience it was.




1 comment:

  1. plus you are holding nightly finger puppet shows with your roooommmmaaatteeeee

    ReplyDelete