Feb 23, 2012

[oh, college]


Life is crazy right now. And when I say crazy, I mean crazy busy. Not only is it my final semester of college, but I am also taking 17 credit hours and working almost 20 hours a week at McConn. And I am not just taking 17 normal-college-whatever-class credit hours, I am taking my senior capstone AND my senior project, which are both extremely time consuming and ultimately lead to stress, self-doubt, and anxiety.

The most difficult part about this semester is time. I never have time to sit and share a meal with someone. I don't get home until 10:00pm. I barely have a social life. There isn't a minute in my day that isn't scheduled.

Like I said, life is crazy right now.

Yes, it's crazy, but I also have to remember that it is worth it. I have reached the point where I am tempted to slack off and give up on this school stuff. I want to spend all of my time with the people who I will soon be separated from when we all graduate. The emotional sentimentalism has set in, and it's only going to get worse. My conversations with friends lately never fail to end in reminiscing about these past four years of college. Everyone is feeling it. We are close to the end and we don't want to forget these moments of life together.

And then we realize it midway through our storytelling. We are hit with the reality that we will never again experience anything like college. It really is a once in a lifetime thing.

So I am challenged with making every interaction, conversation, and hour count. I don't want to take it for granted. Someday, I will look back on my college years and laugh at how beautifully odd it all was. I will ask myself, "How can it be that we lived in a world where our classes, jobs, meals, entertainment, and friendships all took place on one little campus?" We worship together, learn together, grow up together, and live together. It's pretty cool actually.

Today, tomorrow, and everyday until April 28, I will do my best to intentionally make memories that will keep my heart full forever. Oh gosh, I am beyond excited for these final two months :)

To sum it up in photos... 



















4 comments:

  1. Goals to accomplish before April 28th :
    - sit on a blanket and read
    - walk to Circle K at midnight
    -glitter bandits.

    yeah? yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES to Hannah's to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Al! As someone who is almost a year out of college, I can honestly say things will never be like college, and it's so good you are realizing it now! Have fun embracing!! Remember there is a season for everything, and the people you love most will be there with you in the next season, just in a different way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah and Kate, YES. We will all of those things and more :)

    Elise, you are so right. Thank you for the advice, such a good friend!

    ReplyDelete