Jan 24, 2012

{Oscar Nominations}


This is the year for The 84th Academy Awards! 


       




The official nominations came in today, and there are only 33 days left until the awards show, which will air Sunday night on February 26th. I can't wait to see which film wins Best Picture, I can honestly say that I have no idea what will happen this year.  

Here are some of the main noms:

Best Picture:
Hugo
The Artist
The Descendants 
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Help 
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life 
War Horse 

Actor In a Leading Role:
Demian Bichir - A Better Life
George Clooney - The Descendants 
Jean Dujardin - The Artist
Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Brad Pitt - Moneyball 

Actress In a Leading Role:
Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs 
Viola Davis - The Help 
Rooney Mara - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 
Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady 
Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn 

Best Original Score:
John Williams - The Adventures of Tintin
Ludovic Bource - The Artist
Howard Shore - Hugo 
Alberto Iglesias - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 
John Williams - War Horse 



To see the full list, go Here



so what do you think? which film will win best picture? I'm taking a wild guess and saying The Artist (which I haven't seen yet), but it's a silent film/musical and it looks absolutely amazing. Plus it won the Golden Globe award for Best Picture along with the Descendants. 





I am making it my goal to watch all of the main nominated films before the awards show. Wish me luck!  





No comments:

Post a Comment