Apr 26, 2011

Reflect.

I'll be flying out of the Dublin airport in 10 days, back to the sweet land of the USA. I am ready.

My time here has gone by so quickly, but yet sometimes I feel like I have lived here in Ireland forever. It is home to me now. But I guess the concept of home changes every so often, doesn't it?

This semester has been full. When I reflect on everything I have done, seen, tasted, and experienced here, I really can't believe that it all fit into only one semester. I mean...I have traveled around the entire country! What?! At the same time, I feel like there is so much that I still have yet to do, and probably never will get the chance. But that is okay, because I can at least say that I lived here, studied this country for three months, and also learned a lot about myself and "what makes me tick" as our wonderful Irish friend Jen would say.







This country is small but extremely rich, and it is an impossible task for me to capture the essence of it in a blog post, picture, or word. I am still learning every day about this place, and mostly I have learned how to fully engage in a culture for an extended period of time; going beyond a week or a month of a short term snapshot. My view of Ireland is no longer romanticized like it used to be, and I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment