Oct 10, 2010

1812.

One of my favorite things about Marion is the festival held every year called Mississinewa 1812: Located in a forest with dirt paths, and lined with tents filled of homemade goods. The pioneers sell their specialty items and sleep in their tents all weekend, preparing for the famous war reenactments.

We went on Saturday, and it took us almost two hours just to get in and park. Apparently the festival is much more popular this year. But it was worth it, because I got my cherry almond and lavender tea tree oatmeal soaps, and I had Nellies noodles for dinner.

The most sought after product of the day is always the famous root beer (which is basically just syrup), made in beautiful colored glass bottles of all shapes and sizes. This year I bought a green bottle. I now have a total of four from 1812.









































No comments:

Post a Comment