Aug 6, 2010

Apple Cider and Ice Cream

My family celebrated my Mom's birthday by taking a long country drive over to Crane's restaurant. We all ordered their famous homemade cider and bread with apple butter. And we topped it off with pies from the pantry.
















Saugatuck was our next stop, and on the way we found a cute little produce stand where we bought some fresh tomatoes, plums, and green peppers.











Saugatuck, Michigan is a beautiful city. We drove around to see all the old homes. And eventually we hiked through the woods to get to one of the beaches. My favorite part was the shops that we strolled through. It was all very interesting because they had so much variety in what was being sold. There were spice shops, art galleries, and clothing stores. My Dad found a place that served coffee with ice cream to flavor in place of creamer. It was delicious.










Happy Birthday Mom! I hope it was a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment