Jul 13, 2010

California Sunshine


Our family vacation this year was a trip to Yucca Valley, California. We are staying with my Aunt Carole and Uncle John for the first part of the trip, and then all of us will be heading to Vegas! So far it has been an amazing time in the dry desert.












My Aunt and Uncle have always been so welcoming. One thing I love about staying with them is their house. It's beautiful, and it's decorated with all of their own paintings. I love being around them and soaking up all of their warm energy. Aunt Carole speaks in a way that inspires, and she gives me different perspectives and ideas on life. She has a garden filled with the best flowers and herbs, and their house always smells of incense.

plus...they have 2 yorkies!!!

Jordan, Leah, and I have enjoyed night swims in their pool. Aunt Carole brought out some soothing spanish guitar music, and she had wood and rosemary burning in the chiminea. It was lovely.







L.A. was first on the list of places we wanted to go. My Aunt and Uncle set up a tour of the Getty Museum for us with their renowned art teacher Rassouli. Their entire Fusion art class came along, and Rassouli gave us a mini art appreciation lecture. It was fascinating, and Rassouli's mustache and fashion hat was the cherry on top to a great art experience.











After the museum, we were off to the Santa Monica promenade, followed by a walk down the pier, and lastly a stop at our favorite crepe restaurant. We snapped photos, shopped, and enjoyed our dark chocolate and banana treats.














Our big adventure for the next day was hiking around Joshua Tree National Park, which is only about twenty minutes from my Aunt and Uncles house. We arrived at the perfect time of night, and we were able to catch the gorgeous California sunset. Joshua Tree is one of my favorite places because of the magnificent view we have from the top of the rock we always climb. There is always something new to see.

I could sit for hours on top of that rock just soaking up the beauty of God's creation.





















Other than exploring and taking day trips around Cali, we have been doing a whole lot of nothing. And that is exactly what vacation is all about.

My highlights of our lazy days in California:

1. sleeping in (never gets old)
2. drinking coffee on the porch
3. laying by the pool
4. watching the yorkies being extremely cute
5. taking long showers


and tomorrow I will be able to do all of that again ♥



On a side note, my Dad and Jordan left today for Mt. Whitney, the tallest mountain in the continental United States. They will be climbing it in a few hours. I am nervous, but excited for them to reach the top and have that feeling of accomplishment. I know they are going to love every minute of it, but I am praying that there will be no altitude sickness or injuries.






No comments:

Post a Comment