Jun 17, 2010

Climbing the walls

Tom, Levi, Beth, Jordan and I went to Climb Time in Indy for a day. We climbed until our hands were sore and calloused. The belays were easy to use, so we could climb at our own pace. Rock climbing is a great workout, and I was exhausted after two hours. But I felt so accomplished at the end of the day.














Everything I have been doing this summer has been great. I haven't had a day where I am not enjoying myself. I am happy to be right where I am. This is the first summer in a long time where I actually feel like I have a life.


Yesterday Gabby, Devon, and I went to get pedicures. The best part was the comfy massage chairs we got to sit in. loved being pampered for a few hours.








The water park in Marion is one of the best places to visit in the summer. Dawn got the boys and I summer passes so that we can go as much as we want. We took advantage of that yesterday and spent about five hours soaking up the sun. Dalton and Griffin were very excited to swim in the new wave pool, so they were constantly going in after every buzzer. I tried it once and I felt like I was going to drown. It was pretty sad. I learned that the lazy river is the place for me.






Jordan and I have decided we are going to cook one meal a week together. We both love cooking, and we have so much fun picking out a healthy meal to make. One of the best parts is going on an adventure to the grocery store for all our ingredients. I am determined to be a good cook by the time we get married.

This meal was whole wheat pasta with an olive oil base.
We sauteed green peppers, snow peas, and cilantro into the pasta, then added Parmesan cheese. Our sides were asparagus and cut up nectarines and pineapple. It was all so delicious!







I have lived in Marion for two years and I had never been to the famous ice cream shop Ivanhoes until last week. Tim and Gabby, Devon and her boyfriend Matt, and Jordan and I packed in Gabby's car and sang to Mosquito Fleet on our way there.

Ivanhoes is known for having a ton of flavors to choose from. It was hard for me to make a decision on what to order. I finally chose the whopper and heath sundae with cookies and cream.

It was a night filled with laughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment